Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Welcome!!!



What not a better day to start a blog than today, right? I thought since everyone does updates on family through the internet I would hop on the bandwagon and start my own blog!!





Well "The Flu" is back and in full force again, this time with Em. She woke up at 1am complaining of her tummy hurting and I asked if she felt like she was going to get sick and she shook her head "no, no" almost as if she didn't want to hear that word. So we go back into her bedroom and she climbs into bed and I'm making Gavin's so I can sleep in it and she goes into the bathroom, I thought she was grabbing some kleenex since she has a cold too but no, she was getting sick poor baby. At least she know where to go to do it unlike E from last week!! But after she was done she climbs back into her bed and sleeps for another 6 hours. Last Tuesday it was E that was sick and now exactly 1 week later it's Em. Spring can't come soon enough, and this weather we are having is just teasing EVERYONE!!! Thank you mother nature. So for lunch today we are having a very very bland diet with toast, quesedilla's and pears. Well Em only had toast and lets hope it stays down. I vowed to myself last Tuesday when E was sick that they would not be having anymore red sauces of any kind until the windows can be open and flu season is OVER!!!




Well Gav had a tantrum this morning because he didn't get to stay home from school, this seems to only happen when someone is sick. I think, he thinks, that we all have fun when we are home with someone sick. I told him "heck if I could go to school and not be around sick people I would do it in a minute!!" he didn't seem to care too much for that and said, he hopes to be the next one sick...Mind you he's never had the flu....knock on wood!!!! So Em seems to be doing better, she got sick about an hour ago and that was it. No fever, just pale as a ghost but I think her color is coming back and looks like she's run down. I hope she starts to feel better though!

E had "Net" (a.k.a Lynette) come over this morning for his weekly PT. He LOVES that lady and he asks every Monday "Net coming today" and I tell him "nope not today, tomorrow". So this morning when he woke up he asked if she was coming and I told him "Yep" and he said "na ah, morrow" but then I reassumed him it was today he was hollerin and dancin:) He's doing great and can match colors, mimic play, says what ever she wants him to say so I think and is basically like any other almost 27 month old just in a 12 months old body:) Last week was a terrible week for him though:( E has chronic constipation (sorry if this is tmi) and I normally give him a suppository weekly to clean him out, but lately he's been LOVIN milk for some reason and his daddy was giving him wayyy too much cheese, so he was severely constipated! So on Monday night last week I gave him a suppository with no result and he woke up Tuesday morning throwing up all over Tom as he was getting him out of his crib. So he got sick about 4 times within a couple hours on Tuesday morning and I had a feeling it was because he was so clogged up. I called the nurse line and was told to bring him in to the ER but I said I would give him another suppository to see if that would help him 1 last time. Well after 15 minutes of trying to poop he finally relieved himself and was pure sweat in the end:( But I'm happy to say that after the plug was out and Mirolax given to him everyday he's poopin like a mad man and HE and I couldn't be happier. I haven't seen him this happy in a long time, so I guess the daily regiment of Mirolax will begin again!

Well I guess I better make some lunch, or toast for Em since she still hasn't eaten anything today. Hopefully E will take a nap and me and Em can get some rest too!!!

Thanks for checkin in

Rachel

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Happy to see you online. Hoping the kiddles (and you) are feeling better! Happy Blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog! Hope everyone is getting better. I am SO ready for spring or anything above 20 degrees! Here is our blog if you want to check it out: http://3hawksontheprairie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete