Thursday, April 23, 2009

Another appt.....

Well we had E's allergist appt on Monday and wasn't too impressed with the doc we seen, I don't think he see's many toddlers that's for sure. They tested him for allergies and he has none. They are now checking his immune system after I recommended it since he's has pnuemonia 4 times this past winter and just isn't his normal 100% self yet. The immune test includes getting blood drawn, then getting a pnuemonia shot of some sort right afterwards, and then coming back into the clinic 5 weeks later to get his blood drawn again to check his antibodies in his blood. If only it were that easy. The first blood draw was horrible!!! They tried 4 times, 2 in each arm, for 30 minutes digging around with the needle trying to get a vein but couldn't. He just ended up with 2 suckers, a bunch of stickers and blowed vein in his arm:( Terrible experience with him actually. I bought up CF with the allergist and he didn't think his symptoms added up to that, which I was actually kinda dissagreeing with because he has 3 of the main systems which would be reoccuring chest infections, slow weight gain, and bowel problems.

Sooooo..... Today we had his appt with his GI specialist from the U of M and we went over a couple things. His appt was for his chronic constipation and it's actually been 4 days since his last BM and she could feel a big hard rock in his stomach:( HE was crawling over the clinic floor doing his , pooping tribal dance or more like a crawl to try and get it out but it didn't work. So the doc told ME to give him an enema!!! WOW this could be interesting that's for sure, good thing Tom is coming home tonight so he can help. I might just give him a suppository to see if that does the trick and pray and pray it does!! We also went over his growth, his pnuemonia's and all that and Dr. Goldman ordered a thyroid test and also a sweat test to check for CF. I didn't even need to mention it which was nice because I didn't want to sound like a nut, but for some reason I just can't get it outta my head and I need the test done to reassure me that he DOES NOT have CF.

HE weighed in at 24lbs and was 32 1/2 inches long, he's still on the very edge of the growth chart and petite. It's crazy seeing other kids not even 2 yet that are towering over him in height. On Monday they also did xrays of his sinus's and his adenoids and the results came back with something going on in his sinus in his right cheek but they are just going to let it run it's course instead of prescribing more antibiotics and I guess his adenoids are huge and taking up 75% of his airway, so we'll be making an appt with the ENT department too to see if they want them removed or watched. I think by the time E is 5 we might have gone through or spoken with ever department out there in the medical field!! This is gonna make for a great medical bill when all is said and done, too bad we have sucky insurance like everone else out there:(

So that's that for the medical side of things:)

Tom's been gone since Sunday turkey hunting and he's on his way home now with NO turkey:( oh well probably wouldn't have eaten the dang thing anyways. Gavin starts baseball in a couple weeks and I'm coaching with the help of my dad and my father in law so that's gonna be fun and hopefully Gavin listens to me as a coach and not a mom!! Em is being Em, fiesty as ever, but it's helped that it's been nice out so she can run all she wants and stay outta my hair:) All the kids have there first tans of the season too and everyone that's seen Ian in the past week thinks he's been on vacation somewhere, but nope just a little trip to the backyard, I'm wondering if his blonde hair will come back this summer or not.....

Welp I think that's about it, now time for some pics:)









No comments:

Post a Comment